We went grocery shopping today and I learned that it is difficult to communicate with people at the meat and cheese counter if you do not speak the same language. We bought a fruit that I have never seen or heard of before and we will cut it up and try it tomorrow. If it's good I will make it a point to find out the name of it. OH we also bought this interesting jar of some type of fruit found new the bread section and it's pretty delicious. I think it's meant to go on toast. We do not have a toaster, but we do have matches and olive oil now so the possibility using the stove is always there for us. :)It's a gas stove here and you have to use a match everytime you want to turn a burner on.
Upon our return from the grocery store (which we were chauffeured to and from, but will likely be walking the distance in the future)our luggage had arrived! Wow! I was very happy to see it there. Now some of our clothes are hanging up and it feels a little more homey, also, and most importantly, we can shower! I mean we could have before, we just didn't have shampoo or conditioner. Now we do!! Woo Hoo!
That was about all we did today actually. I don't think we are supposed to really be walking about at night so we've just been chilling in our pad.
OH also I forgot to mention, the girl at the grocery store tried to rip us off with out change by $200 pesos (1$=35 pesos) so by $6 bucks. Luckily the man who picked us up from the airport and took us to the grocery store noticed that. He said something and the cashier at least acted like she was sorry and that she made a mistake. We got the money and then we got told that we need to pay attention to these things, which I suppose is very true. Oye! It's hard though because their money is in such bigger numbers. Our grocery order for example totaled something like almost 3800 pesos.
Anywho, all is well and I will try to be more vigilant in the future.
When you stepped off the plane you also stepped 70 years in the future? Crazy plane ride.
ReplyDeleteThe ripping you off thing they seem to do a lot to tourists. They tried to do that to me at the Vatican! The VATICAN! where God supposedly lives? Geez. See a blondie or a group of English people and you think : Meal Ticket.
That's teh shitty thing about traveling and it pisses me off!
Nice view tho! What time was that taken at?
Is that a shot of the school? Nice pic.
ReplyDeletehahah i didn't even notice the date on my camera!!! It took me a while to figure out what u were taking about. I guess that pic was taken around 4 pm. It was the view from our balcony but now we've changed appartments and we each have a room. I lost at rock, paper, scissors tho so I have the single beds rather than the queen and the nice view... oh well!
ReplyDeleteThe yellow building is the school :)